Handcrafted Authentic Enduring
Loewen is the leading manufacturer of premium windows and doors for the luxury architectural market in North America and abroad. In addition to proudly handcrafting enduring products that enhance beautiful architecture, we are an innovative organization that has evolved into a design-driven, technologically advanced company of the modern age. Our products are beautiful, and they are built to last through higher standards and authentic materials.
We are committed to producing handcrafted windows and doors. Our expert artisans ensure our fit-and-finish is unparalleled. These craftspeople are supported by high-tech, automated technologies, but it’s the skilled hands in our makerspaces that have earned us our reputation among discerning architects, builders, and homeowners.
• Our plant is made up of specialized makerspaces rather than traditional assembly lines; the expert craftspeople who occupy these spaces have decades of experience in their craft
• Small batch, tailor-made production is at the core of our manufacturing processes
• Our fit-and-finish is perfected by hand, resulting in an aesthetic that is second to none
• Our handcrafted production is supported by high-tech, automated technologies
We use authentic materials of the finest grade. At our core, Loewen is a designer and manufacturer of wood windows and doors. We use solid wood laminations, not veneers. Our extruded aluminum is the highest quality. Our operating hardware is bronze, brass, zinc, and stainless steel – all genuine materials, not imitations.
• Our standard wood is Coastal Douglas Fir
• Alternate species such as Honduran Mahogany, White Oak, Accoya and others are also available
• We use solid wood makeups, not veneers
• Our operating hardware is solid metal, including bronze, brass, zinc and stainless steel
• Our Cyprium Collection features genuine Copper and Bronze with hand-soldered joints
Our designs are Enduring, both aesthetically and in performance. We work tirelessly to create products that are timeless, whether that means being true to historical architecture or by creating a lasting contemporary design. Behind the outward beauty is a functional performance that gives you an industry-leading experience for years to come.
• Sash and frame components are engineered laminations for strength and stability
• Moldings are solid wood as opposed to veneer-wrapped plastics
• Integral extruded aluminum nail fin is our standard, providing water and structural integrity
• Standard venting channel for extended sealed unit longevity
• Architecturally correct joinery such as triple mortise and tenon for superior structural integrity
• Factory assembled metal-clad architectural casings that are applied post-installation for maximum weather protection